Saturday, July 01, 2006

Long Gone Lonesome Blue

After a false starts, my communication with a certain Louisiana college has proven fruitful...the stand-in for the usual grad chair informed me that I am free and clear to register, which means that I am free and clear to return, in pretty much the same half-assed shape that I showed up the first time, just two years older and, even if I do say so myself, quite a bit wiser for the having left. I'm in better shape than that first time, by long shot. I'm free of a lot of people, for better or ill, my social roster is lighter than ever before, and it looks to remain so.
So, back to the Atchafalaya, back to the books, and once more from these green hills to proceed. This time, (at long last) there is no return; and I will not leave the bayou until the doctorate is mine.
And, then, the world is mine oyster, which I, with sword, shall open.
To the bayou, then. Au Revoir, green hills and tangled thicket; if we never meet again, we are too long in the knowing, already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home