Saturday, March 18, 2006

I reminisce


I awoke this morning murmuring the words to a song that I haven't heard in years, and this left me with a strange, nostalgic air that is hard to shake--just had to jump on the Internet and look up the lyrics to that 1975 Tanya Tucker hit, "Lizzy and the Rainman," to see maybe what Freudian mechanism was at work in my frail mind...maybe it is the positive message of the song; the magical solution to a real world problem that has left people bereft of hope--maybe the song's insistence that, if things are to get better, we have to believe in something. So, step back non-believers, or the rain will never come; someone keep that fire burnin', somebody beat the drum...look a yonder, here comes the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home