Monday, January 22, 2007

The Corbomite Maneuver, Revisited


We need more geeks in government! Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has obviously watched some Star Trek. I was struck by the wily bastard's face down of the Western Powers and the UN. It bore a remarkable resemblance to the redoubtable Capt. Kirk's face down of a alien vessel (captain by a bald child played by Roan Howard's mutant brother) To save the Enterprise from certain destruction, Kirk uses bluff, baravado, and a little white lie about something called "Corbomite," an erstwhile component in all Federation ships, he claims, which blows the hooey out of anyone foolish enough to successfully destroy one. This bamboozles the much more powerful aliens, who chicken out instead. Sound familiar? A geek administration would have spotted this forty-year old plot device with ease. Instead, the current Fratboy administration took the boondoggle and left this crazy Klingon bastard out their in the desert, playing brinkmanship. Beam me up, Scotty, I'm in a world of shit down here!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it me, or does he look like That Yellow Bastard from Sin City? Hmmm.

Glad to see your blog is still around! Heck, now that I have a home cable internet connection (with no county-paid IT guy restrictions), I can build and maintain my very own blog. I think I'll go for something spiritual, something soothing to the soul. The world is full of sardonic bloggers...be it far from me to become one. Let my place be your online parish, my Catholic co-conspirator.

Anyhoo, you are favorited in my folder on my PC. I hope to have you over soon to see the new pad. Maybe we'll pop a brew (NA for me, oh my brother and only friend) and talk shop (AKA noir). Maybe throw a pole in my pond and catch a fish with a coin in its mouth. Maybe use the coin to buy a new president. If it's a nickle, it'll be plenty.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home