Thursday, October 27, 2005

His Silver Skin Laced with his Golden Blood, inc.


I seems that none of my heroes lived long enough for me to meet them. The last of my giants died February 20th of this dying year, reportedly at his own hand. Hunter S. Thompson, famed author of such works as "Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail," and the similarly named ode to a lost week in Vegas, apparently commited suicide because he felt life had run out of fun for him; he laft a letter, of sorts, which indicated that for him, the wine was just no longer sweet, and the complaints of old age had begun to nag. He put a period at the end of his life, like Hemingway before him; and, whatever your feelings on the subject of suicide, I gave his decision a quiet nod. Alas; now the weenies have seized hold of HST's death, and have proclaimed, (as they do, with tiresome regularity) ...the CIA done did it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home