Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sure Could Use A Little Good News Today







I have dream. It is a dream that is threadbare, now; and long in coming, if the day dawns that it finally finds itself realized, in my little time here on this earth.

My dream is a simple one; that we overcome our smallness, and look each other in the eye, and that we say to one another upon the morning of that great day, "Hey, you deserve as much as I do." and that the one who is told answers to the speaker in kind, and give respect. That mankind might one day forever renounce war remains a foolish ideal of mine. I still believe that in a peaceful world, the answers to countless dillemmas; disease, apathy, moral lassitude, are waiting to be found.

My dream is that we will live together in an unselfish world. This is perhaps the hardest part of all; for it is almost impossible for a selfish people to become giving, and morally correct. But my dream is for a better world that starts on the individual level, in which people abandon pointless materialism, and realize everything is temporary, and all that we leave behind us is love.

I do not believe for one instant that Humankind's problems can be solved with violence, with guns and bombs and the other matter of war.

Only the human heart and the human mind, and in that order, can be called upon to settle the problems that plague us. Maybe mine is a crazy dream; but at least I still believe.

We are all in this mess together, like it or not. Go in peace.

Rev.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home